The garage door opener has been a vital part of American homes for decades. From the first garage doors on early automobiles to the garage doors of today, the garage door openers have only continued to become more sophisticated as time goes on.
There is no denying that garage door openers are an incredible convenience and serve their purpose quite well. However, garage door openers do wear out with time, and garage door opener repair Hampton VA, or maintenance is a must to ensure that your garage door continues to function like new.
Here are some garage door opener maintenance tips for homeowners:
- Clean the garage door track and rollers regularly. Dirt, snow, salt, oil from the car, and garage door opener parts may build up and make the garage door difficult to slide up and down. Wipe or vacuum these surfaces regularly.
- Fix small garage door problems as soon as possible before they become larger issues. For example, replace broken garage door springs immediately to prevent garage doors from becoming unbalanced and crashing down on vehicles or people passing by underneath. Fix garage door tracks that are bent or dented to prevent the garage door from not operating smoothly.
- Replace garage door opener parts as soon as they become damaged or do not work properly. Garage doors should be inspected at least once a year by a professional garage door repair service for overall safety and functionality.
- Test garage door openers at least once a month and garage door opener remotes at least once every three months to make sure they are operating correctly.
- Garage doors can become noisy as they age due to loose garage door parts such as the garage door tracks, rollers, and garage door springs, so be sure to inspect these areas for noise or damage.